[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

Matthias Keller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:18:55 +0200

John Shane wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:30:08 +0100
> "munk3h (ian)" <munk3h@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm running ArchLinux on a T22 and would like to know if anyone else has
>> experienced intermittent problems with halting the system and powering off.
>>
>> I'm using acpi at the moment, but does anyone know if apm would be more
>> reliable?
>>

> What sort of problems with halting and powering off?  I'm using
> stock Arch on a T23 but haven't noticed any problems with halting the
> system.  But then tweaking acpi is still on the todo list. ;-)
>
> I have more experience with acpi under Suse and in that case I found
> acpi to be very reliable on my T23 so I'm expecting the same from
> Arch.

Hi

Maybe that's related; powering off under my suse 10.1 with the T22 also
doesn't work sometimes...
It does all the stuff and says it will be powered down NOW.
Then the same lights come up as always.. a short ping on the HDD-Light
and then all the others for a short moment and then it usually shuts
down (and does so reliably under windows 2000) but about each 2nd time
doesn't under linux...
I've only just started experimenting with noacpi, nolacpi and all that
stuff so I cant report on anything yet (used to run it with no
deactivated acpi stuff up to now)

Matt