[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:41:55 +0200

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 05:18:55PM +0200, Matthias Keller wrote:
> John Shane wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:30:08 +0100
> > "munk3h (ian)" <munk3h@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  =20
> >> I'm running ArchLinux on a T22 and would like to know if anyone else h=
as
> >> experienced intermittent problems with halting the system and powering=
 off.
>=20
> Maybe that's related; powering off under my suse 10.1 with the T22 also
> doesn't work sometimes...
> It does all the stuff and says it will be powered down NOW.

You both seem to experience the same problem with ACPI on the T22 as
I did. The ACPI events stop working and if this happens, also
powerdown does not work any more.

Stop any process which might read /proc/acpi and try if this occurs
again. ACPI events can be followed with /usr/bin/acpi_listen.

Regards, nusse.

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--