[ltp] svideo / tv-out, T41, radeon 9000, FC5, Xorg 7.0.0

Nate linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:13:53 -0400

Hello list,

Has anyone with a similar configuration gotten s-video output to work?
The wiki
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_TV-Out_working_on_ATI_graphic_cards)
says to use the GATOS (http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ and
http://megahurts.dk/rune/tv_output.html) driver. However, I'm missing
the some requirements, according to the configure script, as shown at
http://volvosmith.net/data/Xserverconfig/svidout.txt . I cannot find the
xorg-server in the yum repositories. I'm also pretty afraid of just
trying things, because I wouldn't know how to undo very easily.

I'm also going to try switching to vesa driver and using the atitvout
utility.

As an aside, I may pick another distro and install it such that I have a
place to play around. Any suggestions for a distro that might play
nicely with tv-out?

Thanks,
Nathan