[ltp] Re: hard time with ipw2100 on X21

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:58:06 +0000

Yes i already said that i am unable to load the modules without some
kind of errors and that i tried different kernels and every
kernel-setup i could imagine.

Anyway, i also have a old thinkpad 240 and there the card works out of
the box with my default kernel which is identical to the kernel on the
X21 (except for the cpu arch which is P2 instead of P3).
I also know about that issue on some thinkpads related to acpi that is
mentioned on thinkwiki.org but removing acpi support on the X21 did
not help.

The only thing there is left i can try is upgrading my X21's BIOS
which will be a PITA without any windows-os around.