[ltp] T22 ACPI Problems

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:12:21 +0100

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

Hello,

as mentioned in <20060107201044.GA21981@mian.teamidiot.de> I
discovered problems with ACPI on a T22, after some time, the
volume/thinkpad/brightness buttons dont send any Events anymore.
Also suspend to ram fails. No ACPI events come anymore.

I believe I have discovered the reason. I am running a script to
read /proc/acpi and display the values in my windowmanager. The
script polls every two seconds.

Now that I have disable it, ACPI worked for four days, after
reenabling it, ACPI 'died' again.

Is it possible that reading from /proc/acpi makes ACPI go away? Does
reading really do something more than a usual file from disk?

I have straced /usr/bin/acpi, and it does also read from /proc/acpi.
How do applets for KDE/Gnome work?

Regards, Daniel.

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--