[ltp] suspend/hibernation FC4 & X31

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:18:38 -0500

you guys were extremely helpful getting the wifi up and running on my
X31, with WEP even.  many thanks.

the last important thing that would make this wonderful machine 100%
usable is getting suspend/hibernation to work, the first being much more
important.

i've found z rahman's X31 Fedora document quite helpful, though with the
APM ACPI suspend, he gives a blow by blow that in the end left me a bit too
punchy to ascertain what finally worked for him.  i've been googling
around, but for a machine 2-3 years old, you get a lot of obsolete
information, so if someone could point me in the direction of the latest
accepted practice to make suspend/hibernate work, i would be eternally
grateful.

thanking all in advance,

-rei

--