[ltp] Hibernate?

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:55:27 -0500

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:19 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Hibernate (Fn+F12) hasn't worked since I last built the kernel myself.
> It doesn't really matter, but it's handy when I'm on a plane and I
> want to switch batteries without losing all my context.

You might want to use the command acpi_listen and see if Fn+F12
generates an acpi event.  If so, just have the machine run the hibernate
script you mention below when the button's pressed.

I'm not on an IBM machine at the moment, but I remember having to do
something like that on my wife's Thinkpad to get suspend-to-disk to
work.

> Sweet. So I used it again a few days later and it got part way through
> resuming and just came to a stop.

> I've run it a few more times since then and it fails to resume a
> little more often than it resumes successfully, I think.

My wife's thinkpad suspends-to-disk/resumes more reliably if the
(prism54 cardbus) wireless card and modules are removed before the
suspend.  Hers is an older model thinkpad, though.h

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com