[ltp] New battery for IBM ThinkPad T23

Wed, 24 May 2006 14:50:01 +0300

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 12:02:42PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I currently have about 2 hours and 30 minutes of battery time with the=20
> battery that came with my used ThinkPad.

That's what I had on my T23 with a new battery.  It used to say about 2
hours and 50 minutes remaining with a full battery, but the remaining
time dropped rapidly (about showing 1 minute less every second) until it
stabilized around 2:35.

If you look at /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info, what does it report as the
last full capaity?  How does it compare with design capacity?

> I wonder whether I can get more=20
> time by buying a new battery like the one offered here:
>=20
> http://cgi.ebay.de/AKKU-FUR-IBM-THINKPAD-T20-T21-T22-T23-02K6627-4400m_W0=
QQitemZ8762502157QQcategoryZ79523QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you buy it, you'll get 4400 mAh (which is 47520 mWh) at most.  Note
that Lithium batteries age and lose capacity even if they're sitting on
a shelf unused.  The date of manufacture would be interesting to know.

> Or is 2 hours and 30 minutes already the maximim I can expect for typical=
=20
> laptop use (without DVD drive/burner activity)?

I was content with that.

> What is your mileage?
>=20
> I want to buy a 512 MB SDRAM RAM from that vendor as well
>=20
> http://cgi.ebay.de/512Mb-SDRAM-144PIN-SODIMM-PC-133-ORIGINAL-IBM_W0QQitem=
Z8815116470QQcategoryZ107237QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>=20
> I am feeling a bit uneasy about it tough cause they didnt reply to a=20
> question that I send 3 days ago. But the other buyers oppinions are=20
> mostly good.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
                -- D.E. Knuth

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg

--TiqCXmo5T1hvSQQg--