[ltp] Suspend-to-ram with / mounted from USB

Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:41:16 +0100

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 13:06:03 +0100, Laurent Gilson wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have moved some parts of / onto a USB stick (i try to create a really
> truely slient system). But after suspend-to-ram the mounts are dead. My
> guess: the usb-part is resuming after the mount-part and needs to
> re-detect all USB devices.
>
> Is there anything i can do to work around that problem ? Some sort of
> resume-initrd ?

I use an external USB disk that contains /home and some other
partitions that are permanently mounted. No problems regarding this
when using suspend to RAM or suspend to disk. I use kernel 2.6.18.2 and
have all related drivers compiled into the kernel, not as modules.

Regards,
Tino