[ltp] [patch 00/11] ibm-acpi: extended thermal and fan support

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 00:54:30 +0200

--gX5Hm7FaHdN5aeGl

Hello.

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 09:41, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This patch set implements extended fan control and thermal readings
> on ibm-acpi.

I give it a quick shot and no problems appear. Nice work.

Here are some random thoughts:

- At least some of the functions will sooner or later move into a more
  genric handling inside the linux kernel. Examples are dock (mostly
  done), bay (on the way) and brightness (just saw a patch on lkml).
  I think your patches are a good solution for now. On long term some
  thoughts about fan handling on different machines good be
  interesting.

- As I heard so often, sysfs is the future. Just make clear on your
  submit that you are willing to port to sysfs, if neccessary.

- I know I told you before, Borislav will search a new mainainer in
  short time. ;)

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--gX5Hm7FaHdN5aeGl