[ltp] starting out with suspend/hibernate

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:47:36 +0100

<head>
</head>
Note that the link suggests that X1400 suspend cannot be made to work.<br>
My T60 suspends fine with Ubuntu 7.1 using the <br>
<pre>	POST_VIDEO=false</pre>
setting<br>
Phil<br>
jaime johnson wrote:
 cite="mid20070416173428.74482.qmail@web53606.mail.re2.yahoo.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi all,
Useful link:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Feisty_Installation_Guide">http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Feisty_Installation_Guide</a>

Check the above how to for recent ubuntu versions. Pay
particular attention to the settings for
/etc/defaults/acpi-support. Of course this assumes you
are using ati proprietary drivers. I have a t60 2613,
core2 with x1300 graphics, running feisty 32 bit.
Suspend to ram works great and hibernate too, but I
think shutdown/rebooting is quicker than hibernate.
Yesterday I even got compiz going with xgl on the 2nd
to last ati driver release (8.34.8). A few tweaks here
and there, but mostly just running the distro
packages.  Good luck!

Jim
--- Peter Matulis <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:petermatulis@yahoo.ca">&lt;petermatulis@yahoo.ca&gt;</a> wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a fresh install of Ubuntu Edgy on my T60.  I
have not done
anything special to this system.  How does one begin
to get suspend &amp;
hibernate to work?  I'm looking for general guidance
at this point; not
step by step instructions.

I tried to activate suspend by hitting Fn-F4 but
that only succeeded in
putting  my system in a braindead state (needed to
cold boot).  I
didn't try hibernate (Fn-F12?).

Thank you very much,

Peter

      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard
is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new
Yahoo! Mail at
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca">http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca</a>

  </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->