[ltp] Re: 3com 3CRWE154G72 Wireless network on Mandriva and T20

Peter Lemken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:29:56 +0200

On Monday 20 August 2007 23:17:15 Peter Crighton wrote:

> Out of interest, does anyone have a Thinkpad with Mandriva 2007
> working with a wifi card and WPA?

I spent endless hours, days and even weeks to get WPA working on Ubuntu,
Fedora and Mandriva.

The one thing that finally worked:

Make sure you have no more than one kernel version installed
in /lib/modules , /usr/src/ and boot. It seems that most Linux distributions,
once updated, completely b0rk any WPA-stuff.

As I said, took me weeks to figure it out. Maybe this helps you.

Peter Lemken
Berlin