[ltp] Performance of i915?

Daniel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:47:22 +0200

Hi,

I have a T43-1871, which has an Intel 915something graphics card. My
problem is that OpenGL performance is absurdly low. To wit: Flightgear
on WinXP gives me about 16 FPS, Flightgear on Linux gives me about 2
FPS, using the same settings. The worst part about this is that
performance used to be better, until I did something after which it
became the way it is now. I don't remember what was the change that
caused it, so I'm asking: Can anybody give some pointers to what could
be the cause? I'm running:

kernel 2.6.22.5 with the relevant AGP and DRM modules
Xorg 7.1.1 which uses Mesa DRI 6.5.1
direct rendering is enabled, and I can't find any error messages related
to DRI

regards,
Daniel
--
I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul.
	-- Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes"