[ltp] problems with ethernet card

Clayton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:26:36 +0800

Hi Claudio,

Please tell us what kernel (use 'uname') and ethernet card you are trying to use.

On my a21m 'lspci' says, in part:
00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 09)
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)

I use Debian Linux (testing) which sets up this audio card no problem after running /usr/sbin/alsaconf.

Debian also loads the e100 kernel module for the above ethernet card, which no longer works as of recent 2.6 kernels (I am running kernel 2.6.18). I have a number of cheap PCMCIA cards that do the job nicely while waiting for the kernel to get better.

Clayton