[ltp] hibernate-ram corrupts Xorg (horizontal lines)

boris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:35:11 +0100

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 08:31:20PM +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:
Hi,

> When i use hibernate-ram and resume the laptop, i have 2 horizontal
> lines on my X-Display. Other than those the suspending works fine.
> Those lines stay. Restarting X, including unloading of i915 and drm does
> not get rid of the lines.
> Also, using xrandr does not change the position of those lines (they are
> out of sight though on everything lower then my default resolution which
> is 1400x1050).

Same thing happens on my R60 (i915 1400x1050 - 9457-C4G)
(debian sid amd64, kernel 2.6.18,19,20)

I have to suspend to disk (reboot) to get rid of these two lines  ...

By the way the right hand side line is always at 752px and the left one at
975px each 375px long ($\pm$ 2px - kruler).
It seems that these lines are interchanged.

Any ideas ?

            mfg
                      boris