[ltp] Re: x40: glx or aiglx?

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:02:59 +0100

On 2/28/07, Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:18:50 +0100 come se fosse antani wrote:
>
> > I would try the new windows manager like compiz o beryl on my thinkpad
> > x40 with debian sid.
> >
> > I would like to know if anyone of you tried both the glx & aiglx
> > system and which works better / faster.
>
> You mean Xgl, not glx, aren't you?
soooorry. you're wright and I'm wrong. XGL, I mean XGL.

> However - which video-card do you have? If it's an Intel one, or an
> older ATI (one which is supported by the opensource radeon driver) - go
> straight forward to AIGLX, it's in default Xorg, you just need to
> enable and use it on Debian.
Yep, I've an intel integrated on my x40 and, according to your info,
I'll give AIGLX a try! :)

> If it's a newer ATI (like my f****ing x1400) you're stuck with Xgl -
> good luck there, it's not in Debian and needs some more tweaking. AFAIK
> there are some howtos on that in the gentoo-wiki, just have a look.

I tried XGL only with the Sabayon Linux LiveCD and it was pretty fast.
I'd like to try something cool and, finally, a fast version of
Expose'!
thank you