[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] T60, R60, Z61 also may have the same issue

Chris Hanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Jan 2007 14:52:31 -0500

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> I have just been told elsewhere in this thread by Chris Hanson that T60 with
> BIOS 2.x also have this bug, so I am also interested in T60 reports.

I've done a little testing and have some results now.

I built the ACPI video support as a module and patched it with the
acpi_video_get_next_level patch you sent out in this thread.

I'm using BIOS 2.07 / EC 1.07 on a T60p 2007-93U.

When I boot without the video module, Fn-Home and Fn-End work normally;
tpb gets the key events, shows the OSD, and video goes up and down as
expected.  When I load the (patched) video module, video continues to go
up and down, but tpb no longer shows OSD feedback.

The commands "echo {4,5} > /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos" work properly.
Strangely, when using these commands, tpb shows OSD feedback even with
the video module loaded.

I also played around with the ibm-acpi hotkey support.  From long ago, I
have a setting of "enabled,0xff9f"; I don't remember how I arrived at
that mask.  Changing the mask to 0xffff causes Fn-Home, Fn-End, and
Fn-F7 to start sending ACPI hotkey events.  Of course that means that
tpb no longer provides feedback.  I'll have to figure out if I can use
those events to support OSD feedback.