[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.14-20070701 available in sf.net

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:21:44 -0400

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 04:34:18PM +0200, Timo Hoenig wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 08:03 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
>
> > Is there a wiki or FAQ or some other place that describes the
> > userspace configuration changes that I would have to make to say, an
> > Ubuntu/Feisty system such that it would be able deal with the new way
> > of dealing with the hot keys?  I'm especially interested in maing the
> > thinkpad-keys daemon go away.  :-)
>
> This crap won't be necessary anymore as the driver will generate input
> events using the input layer.  Until know there was the need for some
> user space utility (like thinkpad-keys) which polls the nvram for
> changes.

Right I get that; the reason why I want to make thinkpad-keys go away
is that it's one of the top powerhogs as measured by powertop in terms
making the CPU wake up all the time.

The question I was asking was how do I make my Ubuntu/Feisty
userspace's *use* the new input events, so that things like the
brightness controls and volume up/down buttons actually work
correctly without thinkpad-keys running....

					- Ted