[ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Sun, 8 Jul 2007 18:26:54 -0300

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Joseph Xu wrote:
> There seem to be 16 levels of brightness when in the bios/console.

Ok.  Now I will need to figure out how to detect how many there are in a
given thinkpad, to select the highest allowed level :(

> I tried both with and without the ACPI video module loaded, without
> success. Also, by disabling hotkeys I assume you mean something like #
> echo disable >/proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey ? If so I tried that and the
> brightness still won't change.

Ok.

>> So either something is telling ACPI video to keep it hands off the
>> brightness control, or something is messing with the thinkpad and it is
>> not
>> generating the events ACPI video wants.
>
> Do you know of any way I can test for this?

acpi_listen will tell you of any events, I think, even those processed by
ACPI video.

  Henrique Holschuh