[ltp] T40 Powe Management Problem?

Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:58:29 -0300

Hi sjk!

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, sjk wrote:

> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>

> > I assume this is true by looking at Ubuntu's /etc/acpi/sleep.sh, which
> > ignores ACPI events when it finds one of the other above-mentioned
> > daemons running.  Before it did that, suspending the laptop used to
> > result in nice sleep-resume-sleep again cycles when both acpid and
> > gnome-power-manager both handled the event.
> >
> >> This is really annoying as once the machine does into hibernate, I can't
> >> get it to come out without rebooting or forcing suspend to disk and then
> >> recover from that -- which hoses X.
> >
> > Doesn't "hibernate" mean "suspend to disk"?  I think you mean "sleep".
> >
> > Marius Gedminas
>
> Perhaps it is sleep. . . the screen goes blank and I can't recover so I
> am not sure what it is. I run pretty light -- windowmaker and acpid. I
> have no acpi events or actions defined for the lid. If I kill acpid the
> machine still halts when the lid closes -- I did just notice that
> [kacpid] is still running -- leaving me to believe it is something in
> the kernel. . . .

The kernel does not react to lid events.  But go into the bios and tell it
to not try to suspend the machine when the lid closes, that MIGHT make some
difference to the ACPI events it generates when nothing is processing
hotkeys.

And run an lsof to track down everything that is listening to
/proc/acpi/event.

  Henrique Holschuh