[ltp] Install Redhat Linux Enterprise 3.0.8 on T60 - network card does not w

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:49:21 -0700

thinkpad@honorablemenschen.com wrote:
> On Monday 26 March 2007 00:45, Debbie Zhang wrote:
>> Hi, Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for the advise.
>> I tried to do "rmmod" and "insmod" for the e1000.
>> Seems still not work.
>>
> I've seen the same problem recently, and it happens with RHEL 4 as well.  The
> issue, as I can tell, is that the e1000 driver shipped by Red Hat is
> incompatible with certain e1000 chipsets, possibly specific to older ones,
> but I would think the T60 wouldn't qualify for that.  Unfortunately our only
> solution has been to switch to a different card so that the e1000 driver
> wasn't used.  I'm beginning to think that there's a bug in a RHEL-specific
> patch, and that it won't get fixed until enough people file official bugzilla
> reports on it...
>
> Josh
I don't have access to T60.  The e1000 from sourceforge generally works
with EL 4 with current on-board adaptors.  EL 3 e1000 isn't adequately
supported.