[ltp] Re: [ltp][SOLVED] T23 Savage DRM

Olek A. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 May 2007 23:39:11 +0200

A minute ago I reached 507 fps shown by glxgears with full rendering.

Thanks to Alex Deucher and Mr. Yavner for info, suggestions & xorg.conf.

Of course it was faulty installation of the LibGL library which I had combined
from 2 sources .... I removed them all and reinstalled only one from official
slackware repository.
Latest git drm snapshot is, of course, OK.

Short guide:

1. Use the following way of compiling Savage modules:

http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/

Use appropriate drm snapshot = with my gcc 4.1.2 and kernel 2.6.21.1 the
latest one from git finally worked well. To get it:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
(The firewall tcp port 9418 must be opened)

and use instructions from the page above changing of course the kernel version
number.

2. Make sure that libgl library is well installed - in my case (current
slackware, modular Xorg) the package mesa-6.5.2-i486-1.tgz is the one. Do not
install other libgl libraries as it may interfere with that from mesa
package. In case of doubt see the troubleshooting DRI Wiki page:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting

regards,
Olek Ansion