[ltp] ATI, fglrx, suspend to ram - works!

Hamish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:41:00 +0000

On Friday 16 November 2007 22:38:16 karmaking wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I had the same problem of freezing on resume after suspend-to-ram (S3). I
> finally got it working by disabling DRI (direct rendering infrastructure)
> in xorg.conf. It's even possible doing completely without the fglrx kernel
> module then.
>
> Seems I have to get along without 3D acceleration, but for me,
> hibernate-ram is more important. There's probably hope again with future
> driver versions.

Why would you bother using fglrx without DRI? I thought that the ati drivers
were clever enough now to do non-accelerated X1400 displays now? (I know
previously they were incapable of setting the screen resolution).