[ltp] Re: T61 with X3100 Video Card Problems Ubuntu

Leonardo Monasterio linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:22:20 -0200

Dear all,

Many thanks for your answers.
- I tried to install the have xserver-xorg-video-intel  2:2.2.0-1 from
Debian unstable but I couldn't pass the public key.
- Volker, maybe during the first installation I had the external
monitor plugged. Today - without the external monitor- I ran "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and it recognizes the "intel
corporation mobile gm965/gl960". I just pressed ok in all following
optiosn  (except the size of the monitor: I've changed to 15 inches).
However, Screens and Graphics still gives me "vesa generic/ intel -
experimental modesetting..." and no option for extended screen. I do
have 1200 X 800 resolution. Any suggestion?
Thank you very much.
Leo