[ltp] Thinkpad X60s - brightness problems

Ondrej Balaz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:54:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I'm running 2.6.23.1 on my Thinkpad X60s with BIOS version (2.13 ) (08/10/2007).
Since 2.6.19 I have same problem - brightness regulation doesn't work properly
on my laptop. I'm using thinkpad-acpi (now 0.18). Fn+Home/End works in console
but there are some problems (when I overstep limits, brightness regulation
brightness regulation has slow reactions).

In X11 I cannot (!) regulate brightness, when X starts, brightness shoots up to
100% and stays no matter how I regulate it. With older releases of thinkpad-acpi
or kernel I'm able to regulate brightness but everytime when DPMS event occures
(display off) it also shoots up to 100% (but I can regulate it). Anyway it
drains my battery a lot.

I'm running on Debian experimental/unstable without HAL. Only acpid and X11 with
evilwm. I'm not familiar with other distros (I don't want ubuntu, suse etc...)

Is there anybody with working configuration based on latest kernel (vanilla +
thinkpad-acpi), howto, or hints ?

Thank you for response.

--
Ondrej `blami' Balaz