[ltp] T61 suspend troubles

Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:57:45 +0300

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

I had suspend working on my T61 with acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios.  I run Ubuntu
Gutsy and upgrade daily.

Yesterday and today resume failed for me.  I got back a text mode screen
with a few blinking characters in strange colours.  Caps lock didn't
work, Ctrl+Alt+F1 didn't work, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace didn't work, Alt-SysRq
did work.

In the syslog I see a lot of messages that look like this:

  ACPI Error (evgpe-0705): No handler or method for GPE[ D], disabling even=
t [20070126]
  last message repeated 155 times

These never appeared before.

Yesterday I upgraded Ubuntu's acpi-support (0.96ubuntu1 -> 0.98),
hotkey-setup (0.1-17ubuntu11 -> 0.1-17ubuntu13) and a few of other
packages that don't have any relevance to acpi.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed woul=
d be
a unix command.
                -- Bill Lye

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR