[ltp] Booting from a portable drive bay? (was: [Thinkpad] Booting a X31 from USB without the HPA to get into BIOS?)

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:07:54 -0500

you could try something like this
http://www.teamteabag.com/2008/05/17/howto-easy-install-ubuntu-804-hardy-heron-or-most-other-distros-from-usb/

does the bios see the drive at all?
as a removable drive?
cdrom?
when you hit f12 during boot, does it give you boot drive options?

chris...