[ltp] X60 - (bad) experience, others?

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:46:19 -0600

Quoting Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>:
> Hi All --
>
> Now that's a mystery.  On my X60s, Linux Fedora Core6 yields much _longer_
> battery life than Vista.
>
> Maybe different Linux versions differ in this regard?
>
>                                            Cheers,  -- Adrian
This is a growing area in Linux.  A interview with Linus indicated that the
infrrastructure is now present in Linux to do much better powermanagement.  If
you are on an older version, update.  Read your distro's newgroups/e-lists.
And invoke the deity/spirit of your choice for manufacturers that release the
necessary information and programmers that write the needed software glue.

Jeffrey

P.S. look of article with title like "Linux going green".