[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.19-20080213 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:05:05 -0200

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Damjan wrote:
> > I have released version 0.19-20080213 of thinkpad-acpi through the
> > sourceforge.net release system.
> >
> > In particular, I may have broken the brightness control detection on
> > 16-brightness-levels thinkpads.  Please report it so that I can fix it ASAP.
>
> What Thinkpads DO support 16 brightness levels?? I have an X60s and so
> far have only seen 8 levels.

Well, send me a copy of acpidump by private mail and I can tell you if your
does.   So will thinkpad-acpi's debug stuff, if I haven't broken it :(

> thinkpad_acpi loaded by default and now the Fn+Home/End buttons don't do
> anything! There's no an acpi event, no input event, doesn't change the
> brithgness nor does kmilo detect anything.

Send me the debug mode messages, and I will be able to know if it did the
right thing.

No ACPI events is very, very weird.

> xbacklight works just like before .. which is not so well, since
> xbacklight =50 is brighter than xbacklight =70 for ex. and it flickers
> too.

What is your GPU?  Intel or ATI?

  Henrique Holschuh