[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.19-20080213 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:51:30 +0200

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:05:05 -0200
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Damjan wrote:
> > > I have released version 0.19-20080213 of thinkpad-acpi through the
> > > sourceforge.net release system.
> > >
> > > In particular, I may have broken the brightness control detection on
> > > 16-brightness-levels thinkpads.  Please report it so that I can fix it
> > > ASAP.
> >
> > What Thinkpads DO support 16 brightness levels?? I have an X60s and so
> > far have only seen 8 levels.
>
> Well, send me a copy of acpidump by private mail and I can tell you if your
> does.   So will thinkpad-acpi's debug stuff, if I haven't broken it :(

I have a t61 with nvidia which seems to do 16 levels. Didn't upgrade the bios
yet though. The thinkpad acpi seems to report that it is version 0.19 but I
believe I haven't installed that one yet:

$ cat /sys/module/thinkpad_acpi/version
0.19-20080107

xbacklight doesn't work here at all
$ xbacklight