[ltp] OT: Lenovo Return Policy Advice

Marcin Trybus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:04:58 +0100

--------------enig2E61284AC1FA8A03F79FFA50

Michael B Allen wrote:

> Fair enough. But would they charge me $3000 to return the car if I
> decided I simply didn't like it?=20

James is right. The car company wouldn't even sneeze your way upon such
request. The car dealer also wouldn't take your car back and /if/ they
feel like it they'd charge you about 30% for the car you bought that was
registered, even if it was never driven.

Now seriously. If you live in the European Union and you are a consumer
(ie. not an entrepreneur or a company) you can return for *whatever*
*reason* for a full refund (except shipping costs of course) in a
limited time (10 days in Poland, YMMV). This applies only to things you
bought online from a legit company. One of the good things about living
on this side of the Big Water.

Since you seem to live in America, you're out of luck as I doubt you
have an equivalent law there.

--=20
JabberID: Llewelyn_MT@jabster.pl