[ltp] New bluetooth modules for older (T42/T43) Notebooks?

Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:14:00 -0200

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008, Bill Andrus wrote:
> I picked up a new Lenovo/IBM Bluetooth MODEM for my T42 that has 2.0+EDR
> capability, 33 meters and 3 MHz data rates, and it pairs up with my T60 and
> Tilt just fine, blasting files and updates, A2DP and Stereo Handsfree
> profile connections, the whole thing.   Uses same BT antenna as its old
> card, definitely not a PCI Express card either.  FRU 91P7319 or BMDC200B,
> works on nearly the entire Thinkpad family that supports V.92 MODEM with
> integrated Bluetooth.   eBay has with BT antenna for ~US$35 or less.

Nice to know that|  Maybe I should get one for my T43 (it didn't come with
bluetooth).

We should also update thinkwiki with the information that the new rev B
cards with 2.0+EDR do work with the entire T4x line...

However, the idea of opening the screen assembly to add the antenna is a bit
daunting.  Anyone knows where I can get a BT antenna that *does* fit the T43
screen assembly properly, like the one I'd have gotten if it had come
built-in from the factory?

  Henrique Holschuh