[ltp] T23 and eye strain

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:18:56 +0200

--=-j2WiUU/Edo3pnENahZc9

Am Dienstag, den 15.07.2008, 17:14 +0200 schrieb Frank Dekervel:
> 2 months after i made the replacement, the backlight died (when i open
> the laptop, the backlight works for 1 second, then i hear a loud hiss,
> then it stops working). probably i didn't do the soldering very well.
> I have another backlight (i ordered 2) so i might try again :)
This sounds like something shorts in the inverter when it gets warm (the
inverter is the small printed circuit board below the flat panel in the
top part of your ThinkPad. Maybe you have removed some insulation tape
and forgot to put it back after soldering the lamp? I don't think
putting in a new tube will help, except if the short is at the contacts
of the tube. Please don't open/close your laptop too often, probably the
inverter will die in that case (if it is not damaged already).

Regards,
  Michael Karcher

--=-j2WiUU/Edo3pnENahZc9

--=-j2WiUU/Edo3pnENahZc9--