[ltp] Please help me pick out my next thinkpad

Norman Ramsey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:38:36 -0400

 > You could get a used X30-X32, X40-41, X60-61, or a new X300.
 >
 > PS - Buy the X300. Ask if you can get Linux pre-installed.  :)

Presciently, I followed your advice and ordered an X300 a month ago.
It has just arrived.  Does anybody know if Linux actually runs on it,
and if so, what does and does not work?  Before I ordered, I searched
this list for 'X300' and found only mutterings about ATI graphics
chips :-)

I was thinking of running vmware and waiting for drivers to catch up,
but if there's a better alternative I'd love to know.

Norman