[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:13:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Tobi wrote:
> I think, this could be a nearly "perfect" Linux-Notebook. I would prefer a
> 400GB or 500GB Hitachi, but I think, the T61 does not support 12,5 mm drives.

Samsung has just announced[1] a 9.5mm 500GB drive. It started shipping
March 4 at a price of US$299, which is like what, 25Euro? :)

I haven't seen it actually available anywhere just yet though.

I recently purchased a Samsung 320GB 5400RPM drive (for my T60) instead of
Seagate or Western Digital because of its lower power consumption and I'm
very pleased with its performance.

FYI,
Chris

[1]