[ltp] wife router access

Jeff D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:44:21 -0700

Haines Brown wrote:

> What's a "preshared key? Is it necessary, and if so, where would I get
> it? I could, I suspect, assume the risk of No encryption and get around
> this stumbling block, but would prefer not to.
>
> Haines

the preshared key will be the password that is set on your wifi router
and for wep access it will be required in order to connect.  I'd suggest
at first, disable wep on your router, then see if you can connect and
get a dhcp reply.  Once you have that working, enable wep, then you
should be able to do iwconfig wlan0 key "s:yourpasswordhere"

--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred
Techno.