[ltp] fingerprint reader heating up (t61)

Mon, 12 May 2008 17:12:47 +0300

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 01:22:37AM +0300, Micha wrote:
> Did some more testing, it doesn't seem to be an hardisk issue. It isn't w=
orking
> much when the touchpad is heating up and removing uhci_hcd makes it cool =
down,
> suggesting fingerprint reader.
>=20
> on the other hand I noticed today that another issue I have seems to be
> related. hald-addon-input goes to 100% for a long time, and it seems from=
 what
> I've seen today that this is what's driving the fingerprint reader.
>=20
> Any ideas about that?

Run strace and/or gdb on it to see what it's doing?

FWIW I've never noticed the fingerprint reader getting warm on my T61.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I am right now in the process of reading the Xft source code (the suspense =
near
the end of Chapter 7 is unbearable) [...]
	-- Juliusz Chroboczek

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--