[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 May 2008 13:04:58 -0400

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 19:53 +0200, Rainer Rehak wrote:
> Phil Shotton schrieb:
> > One interesting (maybe) feature of my hang. The numlock led always=20
> > lights up when it's in this state.

I don't get any lights for numlock or caps lock during my hang...

I've switched to vesa for X, so far no hangs since sunday afternoon.

That may mean that the radeon driver is at fault or maybe it means that
there's some hardware with the video card that vesa does not exercise.

=EF=BB=BFUnfortunately vesa is pretty slow...

Last time I tried radeonhd it had some suspend/resume problems for me -
but that was months ago.  Maybe I'll try it again.

brad