[ltp] T60p ati video on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:37:52 +0000

I spoke too soon when I said everything is fine with T60p running
Intrepid. Video playback is rather broken; when I try to play any kind
of movie file I get:

    X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

The only output driver (using mplayer) that even half works is the gl2
one; however there are lots of weird screen artifacts. The x11 driver
works but wont resize or play full-screen. Googling indicates that this
is a big problem and relates to Xorg - but I haven't found a
satisfactory solution.

I tried the proprietary fglrx driver but although this is fast (over
3000 fps on glxgears compared with just under 2000 with the radeon
driver) dual head is broken (it may work with the ati config program but
doesn't using xrandr) and suspend hangs on resume.

Apart from video playback the radeon driver works fine, but it would be
nice to have everything working properly.

Phil