[ltp] X60 produces fuzzy VGA output in high resolutions - will Ultrabase help?

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:16:24 +0200

> That's the price you pay for using a notebook without a DVI output,
> combined with VGA output with lousy signal quality.  I tested the VGA
> out of my X61 once, and immediately decided to buy a cardbus graphics
> card with DVI output.  Unfortunally, this was just the beginning of an
> endless driver hell caused by Xorg dualhead woes.  If you really need
> high quality and usable dual head in your notebook, I'd recommend one
> with a digital graphics output.

hmmm, my X60s VGA out port work quite well. I even connected it once to my
desktop PCs LCD, and it produced a better quality picture than the
NVidia or ATI in the desktop.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk