[ltp] Re: Thinkpad T60 Wireless LED on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:44:28 -0500

> At least with intel iwl4965 I had to compile the compatwireless drivers with
> the led enabled. With madwifi and atheros it required setting sysctl variables

> dev.wifi0.ledpin = 1
> dev.wifi0.softled = 3

I'm using iwl3945 with Debian's kernel 2.6.26 and the wireless led
"works", but I wonder if we all agree on the term "works": it does turn
ON and OFF and sometimes flashes as well, but I find that I don't really
know what ON and flashing means and it overall doesn't really give me
the information I want.  E.g. it basically never turns OFF.

        Stefan