[ltp] Thinkpad 770z -MWAVE-Irq conflict

Rick Mayfield (rcmayfld) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:43:59 -0600

I need the modem to dial into the university.
While I'm on the road I can use a external wireless configuration.

PCMCIA network ( modem) card worked fine w/ Puppy 2.??
I got the modem to work once but upon reboot I cant make it work again.
There is a conflict on IRQ 3.
The PCMCIA card loads at IRQ 3 and the MWAVE software wants to load at IRQ =
3.
I tried removing the PCMCIA card so MWAVE could load and use the modem buil=
t into the machine but that didn't work.
So I tried to remove Mwave from the init files so it would not try to load.
But I was unable to stop that from loading.

IRQ 4 is open, I need to know how to redefine the mwave script to
Load mwave into IRQ4. Specifically which lines are important and what is th=
e hex address.

I tried to boot Puppy 2.?? And got errors, and it would not load.
Puppy 4 must deal w/ the HD differently that Puppy 2.??.

Thanx

Rick