[ltp] a few long questions with potentially short answers

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:16:42 +0100

--=-ul4cepuyTnu6M0nU2+xM

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 08:15 +0100, Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) wrot=
e:
> Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> > Hei,
> > [...]
> > 4. nvidia xserver - long restart time:
> >=20
> Is "quite a while" maybe exactly 30s?
> Seems to be a known bug, somehow related to an external monitor
> being connected (or not).
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3D123003

Thanks, that thread gives some insight. Although not of the the most
empowering kind. ;-)

> > [...]
> > 6. OT: automatic input replacement:
> > I have a US model, but find myself typing german stuff a lot, recently,
> > needing umlauts quite a bit. Does anyone know of a little daemon or any
> > other good solution to automatically replace ue,ae,oe,ss by their germa=
> > versions in an application independent fashion? Maybe with holding a
> > qualifier? I'm using gnomes charmap applet for now, but it's still too
> > annoying.
> >=20
> I think you want to set a "Compose-Key". Ask google or the list-archives
> :)

Ahhh...sometimes you just need someone to tell you the right search
terms. ;-) Thanks for all responses, i got it now.

Andre.

--=-ul4cepuyTnu6M0nU2+xM

--=-ul4cepuyTnu6M0nU2+xM--