[ltp] Re: Thinkpad Power Consumption Roundup [TPCR]

Fri, 1 May 2009 09:31:57 +0200

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 09:46:29PM +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Volker Krueger schrieb am 30.04.2009 21:07:
> I did
> =09
> 	dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>=20
> and than it worked. But UXA leads to a black screen and I
> need to reboot.

UXA needs support from the kernel.  Jaunty's -generic kernel has it,
while the -server kernel doesn't (and ends up giving you a black screen).

> EXA shows no difference---glxgears generates only
> about 100 fps.

It's (1) not a benchmark and (2) supposed to be synchronized with the
vertical refresh interval.

> Nice! For me after upgrading to 9.04 graphics performance is much
> worse than with 8.10.

Wait till you start getting the freezes, crashes and memory leaks.  The
state of the intel video driver in 9.04 is a bit sad.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Lutetium is the heaviest and hardest of the rare earth metals, and is used =
in
the production of umlauts and other fraktur font features.
        -- Charles Stross

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj

--O5XBE6gyVG5Rl6Rj--