[ltp] long time to hibernate

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:53:04 +0200

	Hello,

  I've a Thinkpad X31 with a Debian Lenny installed ;
The suspend/hibernate process works well (so nice !), but I notice that
when I've done multiple hibernate/wakeup cycles, it takes a lot of
time between hibernation request and system image written to disk : the
computer changes X screen to vt, printing something like 'Snapshotting
system', the 'moon' led is blinking, but sometimes, it takes some dozen
of seconds, even some minutes, before it says that the system is ready
to write image to disk !
  Is it a normal behaviour ? If so, is there something I can do to
reduce this time ? It's sometime problematic to not know in how much
time the computer will shut off…

	Fred.