[ltp] How to handle Fn-F5 and other special keys with latest kernels ?

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:26:41 +0200

	Hello,

  I've tried a 2.6.30 kernel on my X31 / Debian Lenny system, and found
that some function keys aren't working anymore. The problem is that
acpid seems deprecated, but I didn't find replacement yet. I've updated
the hal-info to get the right key definitions, and looked with 'lshal
-m' that Fn-F* keys are well detected (at least ones that acpid was
handling before), but I don't know which tool I can use to handle such
events. I'd like a system-wide configuration (not tied to every user)
and if possible a solution working even in console mode.
   What tool(s) are you using for that ? How do you intercept / handle
such special keys ?

	Fred.