[ltp] Apparent SATA controller on my T43

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:13:25 +0100

I was surprised to find the other day that apparently
I have a SATA controller on my Thinkpad T43 model 2668-8AG.

According to lspci (under Linux):
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M)
	SATA Controller (rev 03)

Could I really put a SATA drive in this machine?
If so, would the usual restriction apply?
(I mean, the annoying but not disabling message
that tells me the drive in use is not on the approved list.)

I have 3 T43's (or 4, if one dead one is included),
and this is the first one that says it has a SATA controller.