[ltp] [Ubuntu 10.04] sysfsutils not working

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:51:54 +0200

Hello,

corresponding to my posting with the Message-ID
htopo4$4pr$1@dough.gmane.org I think sysfsutils is just not working
anymore on my Ubuntu machine. The battery is always fully loaded
although stop_charge_thresh is set to 75:

chris@skull-tp:~$ cat
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh
75
chris@skull-tp:~$ cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_percent
100

thinkpad-acpi and further ThinkPad related modules are loaded:

chris@skull-tp:~$ lsmod | grep think
thinkpad_acpi          68083  0
thinkpad_ec             5506  2 hdaps,tp_smapi
led_class               2864  2 thinkpad_acpi,iwlcore
nvram                   6171  1 thinkpad_acpi
snd                    54148  17
snd_hda_codec_conexant,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,thinkpad_acpi,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

Ubuntu runs kernel 2.6.32.

How can I investigate further?

Best
Christoph