[ltp] Ubuntu 10.04--no GNOME sounds on T60!

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 May 2010 18:46:36 -0500

This is strange.

Last night I installed Ubuntu 10.04 into a virtual machine on my desktop
machine (ThinkCentre M51) and found that GNOME has a lot of sounds!  Why
didn't I know that before?  Because I'd never heard them on my T60.
I've had Xubuntu 9.10, Linux Mint 8, and now Ubuntu 10.04 installed on
it and while sound for such things as online videos and stored music
play fine, the GNOME sound theme is mute.  I've been through the GNOME
sound settings and see nothing obvious and everything was the same as
the installation to the VM.

So where do I start looking?  Anyone else noticing this behavior?

- Nate >>