[ltp] Perfect timing!! ( ..hibernate/restore problems with recent distros )

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:01:35 -0500

Hey,

     I'm on 10.4 on my still-not-dead-yet thinkpad t43p.  I reopened a
bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/607064)
about the wireless problem, which went from bad to much worse when I
upgraded to lucid.

     I eventually ended up trying something that somebody in a
linksys router from dd-wrt to tomato.  My wireless works fine now,
aside from occasionally disconnecting when I leave it alone too long.

     I had the hibernation issue on an earlier version, but I switched
to using suspend-to-ram and haven't tried hibernating since.

     This sort of thing is frustrating, but I think it's important to
step back and remember _why_ it's so frustrating - because linux
distros have come a heck of a long way since the early days.  It's
easy to get used to them working so well, so when they fail, it's
quite jarring :-).

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell